View Single Post
Old 30th March 2006, 04:00

I believe I have these options configured correctly now. Additionally I would appreciate someone to look over these screenshots I've taken of the various config screens. I seem to be having trouble understanding the documentation fully, so please excuse my ignorance. Here is a pdf with all of the screenshots I thought might pertain to some of my misconfiguration. To clarify let me first say that this server is behind an IPCop box. I have all necessary ports forwarded to my server which resides on orange(192.168.2.2)

1) Regarding postfix I cannot seem to get past my ISP when it comes to sending mail to my domain, mail.thermalhost.com(68.15.249.219) I have to use smarthost.coxmail.com as a relayhost and I have set it as such in /postfix/main.cf. After setting it and restarting postfix I tested it by sending a mail from my gmail account to admin@thermalhost.com and got the following result:
Quote:
his Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

Recipient: <admin@thermalhost.com>
Reason: <admin@thermalhost.com>: Relay access denied

Please reply to <Postmaster@coxmail.com>
if you feel this message to be in error.

Reporting-MTA: dns; dukecmmtar01.coxmail.com
Arrival-Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:18:45 -0500
Received-From-MTA: dns; [68.15.249.219]

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <admin@thermalhost.com>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mail.thermalhost.com (68.15.249.219)
How would I go about correcting this or is it possible?

2) Secondly I tried to test one of my website before migrating the domain name from my current host to myself. I FTP'ed my index.php page off of my host and onto www.thermalhost.com/www.cipherghost.com. When I browse to it I just get the code for the index.php (This can be seen in my PDF file that I linked, the picture is at the very bottom.

Basically all-in-all I want www.thermalhost.com to be my webpage for my lil "ISP" where I can post what I do and why with it. I also want mail.thermalhost.com will klink to postifx for all domains regardless of name, ns0.thermalhost.com/ns1.thermalhost com are pointed from my registrar to my box which IPCop port forwards over to my ISPConfig box. I want to use these as the baseline for all domains. The additionally I want to host cipherghost.com and nocturnalrage.net but somehow I'd like to test them before I point the domain names at my server as they are up and running on my host currently and are functional. I know this may seem like a lot and maybe I'm making it a heck of a lot harder than it is, but again please bear with my ignorance and confusion. I appreciate any and all help. Thanks again

RBrantley