View Single Post
Old 30th August 2005, 09:58
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,377 Times in 4,224 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by palkat
A)
Email seems to not be recieving..and the webmail installed (UBI) wont log into any mailbox's. I send test messages from hotmail and never get a undeliverable message in hotmail..so where are they? I use multiple mail clients on other machines to check and they (like outlook) cannot login to the mail box(s) either.
Please check your mail log (in the directory /var/log) ans syslog for errors. A command to get the last part of a logfile on the commandline is:
Code:
tail NAMEOFTHELOGFILE
Quote:
B)
HTTPS instantly errors out
What is the error?

Quote:
C)
FTP only works if i use the internal ip of the server 192.168.1.205 but if I try to ftp using a domain name on the server nothing happens.
This looks like a DNS problem. Have you tried FTP from outside your network?

Quote:
D)
If it matters my domains are pointed to FREEDNS server (http://freedns.afraid.org) that in turns directs the request to my cable modem.

Frustration on this is that i know 1% about linux (so im new here). I currently have a windows system working with email and web through FREEDNS with 7 domains on it, but want to dump it for the linux (Tired of Microso...t). I want to move it all over to the SuSE/ISPConfig setup. Please any help/advice.