View Single Post
Old 1st July 2009, 00:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
You have to allow root logins from the IP and hostname of the secondary server in the mysql user table of the master database. This can be done e.g. by making a copy of the database record for the localhost root logins and inserting it again for hostname mx2.myisp.com and then for the IP of mx2.myisp.com. Afterwards reload mysql.
Till,

Is that all that is needed to be done on the master server?

For some reason, the term "master server" in a 2 (or more) ISPConfig3 servers configuration made me think about replication as well. I was going to model my databases setup according to this tutorial (I am using Centos): How To Set Up MySQL Database Replication On Fedora 10, which can be found here: http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-set...n-on-fedora-10

But, if I understand correctly, this is not needed. One simply needs to allow root login (per the quote above) from the slave (second or third or 4th ...) server to the master (the one from which all servers will be administered through that single control panel.)

Am I right?

Is there anything else that needs to be taken into account to have such a setup?

Thanks.

Jude.