Thread: adding new ip`s
View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2009, 08:47

Default adding new ip`s

hello!

i followed the "perfect centos 5.2 server " tutorial by the book, excepting the adding more ip s part, because for the first time i didnt think that i will need more ip s, but now, after e days of testing ispconfig 3 on this centos server, i m very satisfied, no more name@domain1.com problems, no more "To many connections" problem, no more,
Quote:
ERROR

Error

Password lost?
so, i want to move all my other network services on this server, the DC server, for my network, the site, the radio .... some of them are registered on subdomains that i can t change anymore, but i m still using them, and i don t want to lose them .... so, my problem ...... ading more ip s on the server:
i follow the tutorial -> ifconfig eth0:0 123.456.789.12 netmask 255.255.255.0 [...] and after that i m adding more ip`s for the server from the isconfig panel, the ip that i just made it work on eth0:0 ?? or adding more ip s on the isconfig panel means automaticly adding more virtual interfaces ???

one other thing:

the server now has a stange configuration :

[server]
auto_network_configuration=
ip_address=89.xxx.176.2
netmask=255.255.255.0
gateway=192.168.0.1
hostname=s1far3.freedns.ro
nameservers=192.168.0.1,192.168.0.2

the ip that i want to add is 89.xxx.176.4

anyway: the gateway and the nameservers, are totally different from what isconfig recognized here, i haven`t changed absolutelly anything because on the other fedora server , one of the changes i made, caused the problems with creating new domains, adding more mail accounts, being unable to login because of the upper error, or "to many connections".
also one of the mistakes i made, maybe, was to change the server`s hostname. after changing, or the server configuration from the isconfig, or the hostname, the problems started ...

can someone please take a look at this errors, and eventually give me an idea ??

thanks !
Sponsored Links