View Single Post
Old 11th June 2009, 00:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
I posted this already above and here the answer again. You may use any IP address of your server or any domain name that points to the IP of your server as imap server. So what does this mean? Your server has the IP 123.123.123.123, then use 123.123.123.123 as Imap server. Or your server has the hostname server.mydomain.com that exists in dns and points to the IP 123.123.123.123 then use server.mydomain.com as imap server. If you use a domain that does not exist it will not work of course as your imap client is not able to connect to a non existant domain.
But I want to use the *local* imap server and don't know what the settings for it are.

If the question from the Roundcube installer is:
Code:
default_host
    The IMAP host(s) chosen to perform the log-in?
To use SSL/IMAPS connection, type ssl://hostname
and I want to use my *local* server as set up in your 'Perfect Server' tutorial, what would my answer be?

ssl://sierra.qwerty.com? This doesn't seem to work.

Similarly, what is my *local* smtp server?

ssl://sierra.qwerty.com again? This doesn't seem to work either.

I'm not talking about sending or receiving mail yet, just getting through the Roundube installer and using my local mailserver.

Quote:
And to your second error, you used the wrong login name. The login name for email accounts is the complete email address.
Of course. Sorry...

S