View Single Post
Old 4th June 2009, 09:02
ISPConfig Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemens View Post
1. cant get the admin part, on port 8080 when using the domain in this case its "hosting.dateos.dk" but works when using the local ip in this case 192.168.0.120 - to this most say did work when i was using a diffrent gateway, change the gateway in /etc/network/interfaces and did a restart of the box

So could it be that i need to make this change another place also?
Is 83.94.206.208 the correct ip address? This is set in the DNS for the domain hosting.dateos.dk
So if this is not the correct ip address you cannot access the server through this domain.

Quote:
2. Mail problem, did not work on the other gateway as well.

Can send mail from squrrel mail, to any account i tryed, fail to get a reply back, from those accounts, and dont get any reply back about any thing wrong just dont get any mails.

Another thing here are that i cant get outlook to send mail using those accounts either but think its the same problem, but cant say if so.
What domain are the mail addresses? Are they xxxx@dateos.dk or xxx@hosting.dateos.dk? In the latter case there is no MX record for that domain set.
Have you set up the domain(s) correctly in ispconfig?

Quote:
3. in admin under show system log ill keep getting

Jun 3 22:55:01 hosting pure-ftpd: (?@localhost.localdomain) [INFO] New connection from localhost.localdomain
Jun 3 22:55:01 hosting pure-ftpd: (?@localhost.localdomain) [INFO] Logout.
Jun 3 23:00:01 hosting pure-ftpd: (?@localhost.localdomain) [INFO] New connection from localhost.localdomain
Jun 3 23:00:01 hosting pure-ftpd: (?@localhost.localdomain) [INFO] Logout.

every 5 min is this normal ?
Yes it is

Quote:
4. in admin under show ISPC cron log

Error: configuration file /etc/getmail/*.conf does not exist

all full of this error, anything to do about this ?
This is default because there are no conf files in etc/getmail if you have not configured any getmail accounts. I would say it is a bug, but with no influence on security or functionality.

Quote:
5. the ip address should it be the local ip when behind a router or should it be the static ip from the ISP ill be using ?
If you are behind a router and your server does NOT have the ip address of your isp assigned, you cannot assign the ip address to ispconfig as this would lead to lots of problems in my opinion.