View Single Post
Old 10th May 2009, 18:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Why? Thats absolutley correct if you set the main domain of a site (www.domain.com) to external mailserver and the co-dpmain (domain.com) is set to local server then only entrys for ...@domain.com will be created.
I meant that it doesn't seem correct because mail records are actually written, but I see now that I wasn't thinking of it properly.

When I go to the main domain (the www domain) and go to the mailserver settings, I am only setting the mail server for the www domain so it makes sense. If I go into co-domains, then into Options, I can set the mailserver setting for the domain.com which also makes sense.

I thought that when I went to the mailserver options for the www.domain.com, I was setting the mailserver setting for the entire domain and all co-domains and therefore the statement that no mail records would be written would be wrong because the co-domain records were still written.

But I see now that each domain and all co-domains have their own mailserver setting so it makes sense now.

Thanks

Jon