View Single Post
Old 9th April 2009, 11:16

Default Email forwarding problems

Hi!
I have problems with email forwarding on ISPConfig machine.

I use ISPConfig Version: 2.2.31 on debian 5.0, but email forwarding is not workign at all!

Email account are working, but anyway I don't want to use them. What I would like to do is: forward specified emails to other emails, with no spam filtering and no storing on local machine.
Is that possible with ispconfig? Anyway I don't know why email forwaring configured with ISPConfig is not working for me.

What I have figued out is that DST email are located in fiel: /var/www/web11/user/web11_aaa/.forward

My opinion and few more questions:
1. When I create email account, I dislike, that it creates at least one alias example: email@host.domain.com and emai@domain.com
I don't understand why would someone want to have email like: email@host.domain.com.
2. It would be great if it would be possible to create email forwarding with no email account.
3. I looked alitle bit at file /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_procmail.lib.php and I have noticed the possible way of using file: /root/ispconfig/isp/conf/customized_templates/forward.master
If I understend it right I am able to make my own forwarding mechanism and it will not be deleted when upgrading to newer ispconfig version
although it will be ispconfig 3 some day?

Thank you for the answers.

Last edited by andrejchy; 9th April 2009 at 11:25.
Sponsored Links