Thread: DNS Borked?
View Single Post
Old 26th August 2005, 12:17
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,331 Times in 4,183 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
Wow you guys are the best - thanks for the quick replys.

Yes my server is Authorative for all my domains. However I only have ONE domain atm - just my root domain which is xaix.com. I'd like to get this working correctly (or learn ispconfig better) before I actually transfer 100+ domains over hehe. Interesting comment about ISPConfig deleting my existing BIND config - are you saying it actually deletes all my /etc/bind/ * files?
If thats what is suppose to happen .. it has not done so. I was reading that the Primary DNS entry is set to "default" but I have changed those to IP addys and removed the Default FQDN that was there. Am I misunderstanding the docs?
No, it dont delete the /etc/bind/ * files, but it replaces your named.conf and your files in /etc/bind/ * are not included anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
I was reading that the Primary DNS entry is set to "default" but I have changed those to IP addys and removed the Default FQDN that was there. Am I misunderstanding the docs?
What do you mean with that? After you installed ISPConfig, the BIND Configuration is empty, there are no zones at all as default. Dont change any config files manually, use the web inteface or your changes will get lost!