Thread: DNS Borked?
View Single Post
Old 26th August 2005, 11:48
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,396 Times in 4,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
What I mean is if you type in www.xaix.com .. it can't be found anymore, however if you type in ns.xaix.com - my temp page will show. Meaning a possible change in DNS because www.xaix.com was being resolved befor the installation. So Im assuming that something has changed but Im not sure what. Yes this server is also running DNS/apache/ipconfig.
I don't know if this might help or not but for some reason it didn't pick up my phpmyadmin or i should say it wont allow me to access it - however once again if I type in http://ns.xaix.com/phpmyadmin/ .. it shows. Most likely unrelated but ...
I'll take a look at apache conf and see whats up. It's a new server Im just now setting up, but I desided to use apache 1.3.3. Don't have any vhosts on the system YET >......
I've looked at etc/bind -- I made backups of all the files in that dir but theres no difference.
There seems to be a file missing from /root/ispconfig/<something>/ bind stuff ... I dunno....
Anyway thanks for a place to start looking
There are no config files for your daemons under the /root/ispconfig/ tree. All the config files are in /etc/.

Is your server authorative for your domains? Have you configured the primary records for your domains in ISPConfig DNS-Manager after you have installed ispconfig? ISPConfig deletes all existing BIND configuration on your server during install and you have to setup your DNS-Records in DNS-Manager again.