View Single Post
Old 31st March 2009, 17:26
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by safoo View Post
I have 2 questions and I think they are both related and should be simple answers.

I run ISPConfig on a server with a couple of domains and DNS is setup through my registrar. Now I have set up google apps for email. The individual websites also send emails (order notifications etc). I followed the google directions for changing the mx records at my registrar but I still see one old mx record:

Check "case-mod.com":

1. Where is this old 0 priority record coming from? I have not yet changed reverse PTRs, did reverse PTR automatically add a mx record? or does ispconfig broadcast dns?

Note that the email is coming through fine since there is no A record for mail.anas so the correct google records get used, but google thinks my dns is not setup correctly and also the blackberry service doesn't recognize this email address as a google account. I think clearing out that first record will correct both these issues.
I'm also getting this, so this record must be on the authoritative nameservers (ns46.domaincontrol.com and ns45.domaincontrol.com).

Quote:
Originally Posted by safoo View Post
2. What should be the correct reverse ptr for my IP(s) now that I am using google apps for email; my server does send emails using sendmail.
Doesn't matter as long as the hostname in return points to the correct IP.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: