View Single Post
Old 28th March 2009, 02:10

Hi Till,

Thank you for your quick response =)

Well I am pretty sure its the mysql root user that I am using. I was able to modify the password for it on the first line of the command on page 5: mysqladmin -u root password yourrootsqlpassword

My password has only letters and numbers.

At that point line 2 told me access was denied or something. Maybe this was it: error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'server1.mydomain.com' (using password: NO)'

It is the same one I used to log into phpmyadmin and to test the connection via the command line. I did mysql -h localhost -u root -p and it asked me to type my password so I typed it and this is its output:

Quote:
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 142
Server version: 5.0.45 Source distribution

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql>
So I don't really know why it would connect this way and phpmyadmin but not in the install.

I did manage to get a different message for you that might help. But it still doesn't make sense because I can import the entire thing perfectly fine in phpmyadmin.

However when I go to the command line and type this:
Quote:
mysql -h server1.mydomain.com -u root -pmypassword 'dbispconfig' < '/tmp/trunk/install/sql/ispconfig3.sql'
It produces this error:
Quote:
ERROR 1072 (42000) at line 47: Key column 'id' doesn't exist in table
I am pretty much clueless about that error. I haven't modified the sql file at all.

Anyway I managed to get past it by removing code inside installer_base.lib.php inside the configure_database function. (Lines 148-161 and line 167)

I now have ISPConfig 3!!! woohoo =)