View Single Post
Old 9th March 2009, 16:56
ISPConfig Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antennipasi View Post
so i configured our horde manually. firs of all, you need ip-adress other than those used by Isconfig. then, of course, certificates. after you have setted prerequisites, create vhost-config in /etc/apache2/sites-available/, make symlink to it to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ and restart apache.
Robilaur and Up2NoGood allready found solution wich suited for their needs, but i want to explain why i did this like i did.

as you may ques, i have more than one ip-address. this frees me to reserve one to just smtp and webamail usage. for this ip-address i have proper reverse-dns, CaCert-certificate for TLS and https. all my clients have this ip/hostname as their mx. and because i have all these settings, mails send from this system does not get rejected nor automatically moved to trash-folder (Yahoo, Hotmail, BlueBottle, Google Mail for example).

our previous main server had Plesk in it, and clients had mx'es by their domain-name. we had lots of complains about missing stuff. we don't have endless amount of addresses, and we do not control reverses by ourselves, so this was kinda only choise to make things like they should be.