Well, I finally got ISPconfig to finish successfully and now it loads on www.myserver.com:81
. But I'm not gonna jumpfor joy just yet because I had to cheat my way through the install and I'm not sure if that's gonna affect anything. Here's what I did:
Since the first big error I saw was:
In function `zif_mysql_set_charset':
/tmp/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/php-5.2.8/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c:1120: undefined reference to `mysql_set_character_set'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/cli/php] Error 1
ERROR: Could not make PHP
...I manually unpackaged the php tar and then I looked in /tmp/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/php-5.2.8/ext/mysql/php_mysql.c and comented out the whole "if" statement that checks for that mysql resource. The "if" statement didn't really execute anything except for returning a true or false.
I also had to comment out the PHP unpackage command in ./setup since I manually unpackaged it.
If you don't hear from me again then it probably ended up okay.