View Single Post
  #9  
Old 27th December 2008, 20:49
giganet giganet is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: California
Posts: 243
Thanks: 116
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to giganet
Exclamation

Hello Falko thank you...

MySQL db find : Falko, I logged into my .COM server which is also configured running ISPConfig PostFix, Courier, etc, using TLS authentication.
What I found was that the .COM server when logged into MyPHPAdmin DOES NOT have a Mail db, rather it only has the ISPConfig db and it's Email system works fine.

When logged into my .NET server using MyPHPAdmin I find that in addition to the ISPConfig db the .NET server also has a Mail db
too which I created when I wrongly chose to follow the Debian based Tutorial at first which did not support ISPConfig!

I am not sure but I feel rather confident that this is the chief cause of the issue I have been dealing with??
Would you suggest I delete the Mail db from my .NET server beings this server also runs ISPConfig which should make TLS based POP3 & SMTP authentication function properly then- At least it seams that way to me (my desperation to get my client Email service restored).

The output of '/etc/hosts'
Code:
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
65.197.209.3    giganetwireless.net     Bender
# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
I then logged into another server and saw an immediate difference!
on the first line at the end it also defined the FQD for that server so I changed this new server to be as follows now:
Code:
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost giganetwireless.net
65.197.209.3    giganetwireless.net     Bender
# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
After this I ran '/etc/init.d/networking restart'

TO disable secure I set 'smtpd_use_tls = no'
AND
'smtpd_tls_auth_only = no'
AND
'smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no'

Then I ran '/etc/init.d/postfix restart'

After making the above changes to the server I reconfigured TBird not to use TLS in both POP & SMTP.
I am still unable to send or receive from this server however...

Thank you Falko

Regards

Last edited by giganet; 28th December 2008 at 10:22. Reason: MySQL db find
Reply With Quote