View Single Post
Old 27th December 2008, 15:33

Exclamation suPHP 0.7.0 compatible with ISPConfig2 ?

On 25-12-2008 suPHP 0.7.0 has been released. Within this release, some major items has slightly changed and for this reason, i was wondering if it is compatible with the current ISPConfig version 2.2.29.

On a Debian test-server with ISPConfig 2.2.29 and suPHP 0.6.3 installed, i did the following to upgrade suPHP to version 0.7.0:

cd /tmp
wget http://www.suphp.org/download/suphp-0.7.0.tar.gz
tar xvfz suphp-0.7.0.tar.gz
cd suphp-0.7.0
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --with-apache-user=www-data --with-setid-mode=paranoid --with-apxs=/usr/bin/apxs2
make
make install

The result:
sites which make use of suPHP did not work anymore and an Internal server error occurred. Within the log file of the web i saw errors like:

SecurityException in Application.cpp:511: Unknown Interpreter: php
Premature end of script headers: index.php

Within the log file /var/log/suphp.log nothing appears.

Probably, to use suPHP 0.7.0 on an ISPConfig 2 server some items need to be configured. Anyway, after puzzling for some time, i don't get it to work the normal way.

Maybe this problem is because suPHP_AddHandler and suPHP_RemoveHandler directives can now be used on per vhost level, but i'm not sure.

Can you ISPConfig developers have a look at this behaviour and find a solution. Until then, i don't recommend to upgrade to suPHP 0.7.0 yet. (Remember that ít is not a security release).

Thanks in advance!

MrHostman | Master in managed hosting

Last edited by Hans; 27th December 2008 at 16:05.
Sponsored Links