View Single Post
Old 24th December 2008, 18:30

Send a message via AIM to giganet

Thank you very much Falko

I ran cat /var/log/mail.log and yes it did seem to want to continue printing errors before I finally ran 'ctrl-c', but here is a sampling of the errs from mail.log file:

INFO UPDATE A/1: My error in the post last night, yes I did run 'ehlo localhost' and all was good after running that command.

Code:
Dec 24 07:34:12 my-domain postfix/qmgr[30658]: B8614359631B: from=<www-data@my-domain.net>, size=2240, nrcpt=1 (queue active)

Dec 24 07:30:08 my-domain postfix/error[13300]: 2956535958E2: to=<carvalho@construtel.com.br>, relay=none, delay=309052, delays=308996/57/0/0.01, dsn=4.4.3, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=construtel.com.br type=MX: Host not found, try again)
Quote:
I should have setup this server using TLS initially as one of my hosting clients was running an exploited 'mail.php' and then came the problems.
Anyhow, I just this morning decided that beings I screwed up initially by following the 'Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAssassin, ClamAV)'
That I should start all over but using the tutorial 'The Perfect Server - Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon (Ubuntu 7.10)'

So when I get to section '11 Quota' I am at a wall when running the following comand(s).

Code:
touch /quota.user
I receive this err: touch: cannot touch `/quota.user': Permission denied

INFO UPDATE A/2: Falko I wanted to let you know that I am running as 'root su' when I receive the errors above while trying to 'touch' quota.
I am betting this has everything to with what ever was changed when folowing the virtual tutorial?
What will I need to do to get past this error?

INFO UPDATE A/3: I have been looking over the first tutorial I attempted using which if I would of red tells me it was intended for deb sarge, should I go back through that tutorial and remove files such as: mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf, virtusertable~, mysql-virtual_domains.cf, mysql-virtual_transports.cf, virtusertable.db, mysql-virtual_email2email.cf, mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf

Located in: /etc/postfix

Not to mention other files created that don't pertain to the UBUNTU 7.10 Perect Server tutorial?

Thank you Falko
Regards

Best wishes for everyone

Last edited by giganet; 25th December 2008 at 08:24. Reason: Notify Falko I am running under su