View Single Post
Old 12th December 2008, 13:30

Default How to Install OpenOffice Org 3.0.0 in Ubuntu 8.04

Hi Falko,
Reference your last post after deleting previous downloads I downloaded as instructed by you and started the how to install process as per your tutorial and this is what went I went to Terminal and entered the first command;
ernest@ernest-desktop:~$ cd /home/falko/Desktop/
bash: cd: /home/falko/Desktop/: No such file or directory
ernest@ernest-desktop:~$
I then clicked on to the new icon:/home/ernest/Desktop/OOo_3.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz and after opening a succession of files I got to the tar:/home/ernest/Desktop/OOo_3.0.0_LinuxIntel_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz/OOO300_m9_native_packed-1_en-US.9358/DEBS/desktop-integration/openoffice.org3.0-debian-menus_3.0-9354_all.deb and went to the install stage when I got this message:
dpkg -i '///home/ernest/.kpackage/openoffice.org3.0-debian-menus_3.0-9354_all.deb' ;echo RESULT=$?
dpkg: regarding .../openoffice.org3.0-debian-menus_3.0-9354_all.deb containing openoffice.org-debian-menus:
openoffice.org-core conflicts with openoffice.org-unbundled
openoffice.org-debian-menus provides openoffice.org-unbundled and is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing ///home/ernest/.kpackage/openoffice.org3.0-debian-menus_3.0-9354_all.deb (--install):
conflicting packages - not installing openoffice.org-debian-menus
Errors were encountered while processing:
///home/ernest/.kpackage/openoffice.org3.0-debian-menus_3.0-9354_all.deb
RESULT=1
So what do I do next?

Kind Regards,

Ernest.