View Single Post
Old 15th February 2006, 09:09
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,259 Times in 4,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
I have two new domains that I have purchased for this new server that I have just finished building.

I have used one for the server domain and have used it again as a virtual website along with my second new domain name and they both appear to be working correctly. I can access all areas correctly and send and recieve emails log in to ftp create databases view website stats etc without any problems. I can still access all of the admin functions without any problems.

Is this a bad thing?
Should I rebuild the server and use 1 domain for server setup and the other as a virtual website?

How I did it...

1. I built the server using one of my new domain names.
2. I installed ISPConfig using the same domain.
3. I created a reseller.
4. I created a client for that reseller.
5. Selected site management for that client and added the two domains there with no problems.

I thought that was the way to do it as it made sense to me but I am just confused now!

Phil.

If everything is working for you, you dont have to change anything. What might happen is, that if you enable an email catchall account in the website that has the same domain then your server, this email address will get all emails, even if there exist another account with that email address.