That was a terrible night. It all happened because I was using an old version of SUSE and I tried to update clamav with yast and something about that process messed up my logins. It had nothing to do with ISPconfig. But just in-case anybody else goes through this, here is what I did:
I decided to take another computer install Ubuntu Server on it and install ISPconfig.
I re-setup all my websites and accounts in ISP config and transfered the email and website data to my new server from the old servers hard drive using a usb IDE/SATA adaptor (these things are great to have).
I wish I had done this in the first place, I could have got it done a lot faster than trying to trouble shoot the original server.