View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2008, 22:12

Default ispconfig behind firewall using NAT

hi, im stuck with something, i have tried so many things but i can't get ispconfig to work behind a firewall using nat..

i have got a dedicated server from godaddy and a firewall in their package.. they provided a public ip, so when they provide me with the package, i got the firewall with a public ip 68.178.146.181 and on the server it has a private ip of 10.0.0.101 so when i get to the last point of the installation of ispconfig, it asks for the ip address and the hostname. so i type in the ip address 10.0.0.101 because if i try to put the public ip, it fails..

after the installation is complete, this is the ip ispconfig has:

so now that ipsconfig is installed with 10.0.0.101, when i add my domain names, in the dns manager, it add the ip address of 10.0.0.101. then i change the ip manually to the public ip, but no luck.

whe i go to my domain name using my browser, it seems to be connecting to my local dsl router because im using the same class NAT address at my home.

how can i get pass this?

i also tried changing the ip address in ispconfig, from the private ip to the public ip, but id doesnt work either, i still get the same login prompt from my local router.

any suggestions?
is not possible to have ispconfig on a server with a NAT address?

thanks

Last edited by bigger_travis; 3rd November 2008 at 22:19.
Sponsored Links