View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2008, 14:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentusrex View Post
...But drupal would have atleast parts of it be client specific. So in that case you have to integrate it into each individual client's webspace. So the conf.d technique won't work.
Yes, I'm aware of this. It would be better if everything can be configured by the client himself. I'm actually roleplaying: login in as client and try to install e.g. drupal.
For my usecase there will be just one client with a few websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentusrex View Post
Also, with drupal I would definately say to use the multisite method if the clients are going to be sharing any of the drupal code. So, if they aren't going to install drupal for themselves in their own webfolder, then the multisite method needs to be used, and all folders such as modules, sites, files, etc that are specific to each site need to be located in the users /var/clients/clientX/webY/web/ folder.
I just red the multisite-drupal-5.6 howto here on howtoforge. For a multisite setup I have first to setup a normal drupal setup (client1) and to make it multisite I would create links from client2 to client1.
That would be interesting to do, especially if you want it to setup automaticly for every client. But I have to shift these topic for now.