View Single Post
Old 19th October 2008, 12:21

in the httpd.conf file in the directory I stated I changed the setting to AllowOverride All

Restarted the server. Still wont allow .htaccess files.

And now I seem to have broken it somehow:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mythicalsystems.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at www.mythicalsystems.com Port 80

*****NOW FIXED*****

I logged into server with WinSCP and saw the .ht files sitting there. Funnily enough once gone no more server error. Weird. I am trying to install ravennuke CMS which uses a set of .ht files.

I am still bewildered that the files go missing in FTP but im sure its a permission issue root vs admin. Interesting that it resulted in server error even though ISPconfig said all is well. Maybe the error was from the CMS and not actual server problem.

Will try again and hope it works.

*****NO*****

Afraid not. the .htaccess files are causing server conflicts. Thus the AllowOverride All did not work. back to the drawing board.

I have worked out how to use the:
<Directory "/var/www/web#/web">
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

But still nothing.

Last edited by gamera; 19th October 2008 at 16:10.