View Single Post
Old 10th October 2008, 16:31

Thumbs up Mail Server Setup With Exim, MySQL, Cyrus-Imapd, Horde Webmail On Centos 5.1 - WORKS

Hi there,

i am a linux newbie and trying for some weeks now this 'how to' guide... After many many hours of reading my conclusion is that this guide doesn't work as it is!

I don't know if the problem is that i tried to install on CentOS 5.2 but i found several issues that are not covered in this guide as cyrus admin user, permissions, firewall and SELinux settings that prevent system for normal operation... Now after all this period of format and setup and format and setup again, i have reached the point that even that i have an admin user george@mydomain.com (horde & cyrus), on cyrus saslauthd this user name is not accepted from telnet tests... i thing there is some kind of 'bugs' on the authorization part...

PLEASE if anyone managed to make this work to post some basic details on how i can make this work!!

And for people who write these 'how to's' , please don't think that everything is supposed to be known!

Thanks in advance

Last edited by gsp; 24th November 2008 at 12:31. Reason: After overriding some errors, got system work...
Sponsored Links