View Single Post
Old 9th February 2006, 09:57

Send a message via Yahoo to bluegrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
You must enable something like "Server requires authentication." in your email client.
I did try it, but still there is an error. I guess the problem is that I configured my SMTP server IP (on the mail client) the public IP of the Anti-Virus/Anti-Spam, hardware where the mail server is connected. But when I tried the same mail client on another PC which is also connected in parallel with the mail server I don't encounter a problem at everything works out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
You can use any webmail program, such as Squirrelmail, Uebimiau, Horde, ...
Thanks, I used Squirrelmail. All the while I thought it wouldn't work on virtual users, but it did.

Now, here's another query:
Is there a tool or any tutorial, wherein I can populate my users database on the new mail server from the existing mail users and their passwords from the old mail server (running on Fedora 2 and sendmail and not using virtual users)? And also, how can I transfer their mails from the old server to the new server. It would really be neat that when I transfer to the new mail server, it will be transparent to my users, as if no upgrades or nothing had happened.

Thanks in advance.