View Single Post
Old 18th September 2008, 15:05

Thumbs up [RESOLVED] help posting logs to forum and saslauth problem

Hi to all.
I am quite experienced in windows and averagely experienced in mac but this is my first foray into linux of any flavour.
I have just completed the howto "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 8.04 LTS)".
As I said I am an absolute begginer so I had to learn from scratch (had to google how to use vi and how to shutdown). I have built a mail server from a fresh install as described in the above howto, on a brand new box (amd64) by plugging it in to a KVM switch. My other computers on my small network are windows, including the machine I am writing this post on.

I have hit a problem with sasl. I have been reading as many posts on this forum as I can and have worked out how to see logs by tail -f
I believe that I am going to need to post the results of these logs if anyone can help me.

I am looking for a kind, kind, soul who could possibly describe to me in great detail, how to get the results of these logs from the ubuntu server onto my windows machine so that I could post them, or alternatively how to post them from within the ubuntu server (comand line only - no gui).

My first problem appears when I tail -f /var/log/auth.log and I noticed straight away:
Quote:
scribalmail saslauthd[5011]:pam_mysql - required option "db" is not set
I have checked the only two configurations that I could see for sasl in the howto, and they both are exactly as in the howto
Quote:
vi /etc/pam.d/smtpd
Quote:
auth required pam_mysql.so user=username passwd=password host=127.0.0.1 db=mail table=users usercolumn=email passwdcolumn=password crypt=1
account sufficient pam_mysql.so user=username passwd=passwordpassword host=127.0.0.1 db=mail table=users usercolumn=email passwdcolumn=password crypt=1
and
Quote:
vi /etc/postfix/sasl/smtpd.conf
Quote:
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
mech_list: plain login
allow_plaintext: true
auxprop_plugin: mysql
sql_hostnames: 127.0.0.1
sql_user: username
sql_passwd: password
sql_database: mail
sql_select: select password from users where email = '%u'
And yes as you may have already surmised, I copied all that with pen and paper then typed it all out here.
I am prepared to do just that if that is what it takes.

If anyone in here could possibly help me with either of these problems, I would be greatly appreciative.:confused:

Thanx in advance.

Last edited by almeister9; 21st September 2008 at 13:17. Reason: resolved
Sponsored Links