View Single Post
Old 5th February 2006, 16:44

Send a message via MSN to Hendrikus Postma Send a message via Yahoo to Hendrikus Postma
Default ISPConfig on OpenSuSE 10.0 Site doesn't show up

Hi,

The installation of ISPConfig actualy succeeds, but the site doesn't show up on a workstation. I see many problems with SuSE, are there succesfull installations with this distribution? I don't have a fast internet connection and from SuSE I only have the complete set of RPM's, switching to another distrubution would cost me a lot of time.

I get confused with the following thinks; (this is a stand allone intranet server with dial-up internet connection)
Installation SuSE:
Network interface: Static Address Setup Static IP address: 192.168.0.250 [subnet mask: 255.255.255.0, Hostname: host Domain name: MyDomain.com, Firewall: disabled

I donít use more than one Nameserver, I leave it blank, Under Routing Configuration I keep the gateway blank I donít use additional addresses, I leave it blank. Is this wrong ? I donít use 192.168.0.1 because when people in the network install internetsharing in a Windows system it configurate by default 192.168.0.1 this results in IP conflicts.

When I type in PuTTY hostname it shows host
After the:
echo host.MyDomain.com > /etc/hostname
/bin/hostname -F /etc/hostname
I type again hostname in PuTTY it shows host.MyDomain.com, in my opinion the hostname contains the domainname now, or Iím I wrong?

On the end of the installation ISPConfig they asking the following questions:
Please enter the IP address of the ISPConfig web (e.g. 192.168.0.1): 192.168.0.250
Please enter the host name (e.g. www): What I have to fill in ? www, host, or host.MyDomain.com (the same when I type hostname in PuTTY)
Please enter the domain (e.g. xyz.de): 192.168.0.250

When I fill www or host as hostname and MyDomain.com as domain the installation stops ! When I only type 192.168.0.250 the installation is finnishing succesfully but I canít go to the website ISPConfig by typing https://192.168.0.250:81 even it works one time but I reinstall again because I wanted to be able to use www.MyDomain.com:81 , The same with Webmin, I can only come there via https://192.168.0.250:10000 even internet explorer/apache shows https://host.MyDomain.com:10000/ . What I also found strange that Apache is still pointing to /srv/www/htdocs or /srv/www/ but the one time I got ISPConfig working he put the web1, web2, web3 in the /var/www/ directory.

PS. We have a website www.MyDomain.com, is it possible to use host.MyDomain.com as intranet? The same for by example government sites, like website www.samarinda.go.id intranet host or local.samarinda.go.id , what about upload/download mail when using only a dial-up connection that checks once an hour if there is mail in the emailbox at the provider. Windows has nice solutions like IAmailserver but where I find something like that for Linux? Internal I would use GroupOffice with IMAP for the distribution localy.
Sponsored Links