Thread: monit howto
View Single Post
Old 4th August 2008, 10:58
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidtedv View Post
Then I changed the ownerships to munin:munin and after that created .htaccess (rights root:root). do I have to chown that too?
No.
Quote:
At the beginning I got mail from cron with:

Code:
Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/Munin.pm line 784.
I guess thats before my/your changes right after apt-get install munin and automatically creating folder /var/www/munin?

Restarting munin after making all changes seems to work fine and i get the graphs, so cron-mail has to be from right after install? would be a nice hint then to put into the howto (even to delete the dir /var/www/munin)...

Not sure why you got this mail, but I think you can ignore it if you get a graph.

Quote:
Finally, the question by looking on the grapfh and do all I could to minimize memory-usage...is the graph (256MB-system) indicating with the upper line, that i should have at least about 512MB?
Your system is swapping. I'd first try to find out which service is using the swap. Normally swap is released when you restart that service. You can run
Code:
free
to check swap usage and then restart your services one-by-one to find out which one is using your swap.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: