View Single Post
Old 28th May 2008, 15:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,979 Times in 3,900 Posts

Quote:
I believe from Till's reply that its not that they can't, it's that they don't want to use LDAP.
No. Its not that we dont want it, just I will not implement it as primary authentication source at the moment. If someone who is familar with LDAP is willing to implement it as additional Authentication source, we will add it in the main distribution.

Quote:
I also wish it'd support multiple backends. Courier isn't really a very good imap server; both cyrus and dovecot are superior, yet neither seems supported with ISPConfig 3.
Generally, ISPConfig 3 supports any IMAP or POP§ daemon that is able to authenticate against a SQL server. Just the installer of current Beta writes only config files for Courier, thats all. The current Beta also supports just debian and ubuntu, this does not mean that it will not support other distributions in the finel version

By the way guys, if you complain about missing features or that I dont implement this or that, sit down and start coding and I will intergrate it in the main distribution. I'am not able to write the code for everything alone if you want to see all features soon. I start with the most requested and common featues.