View Single Post
Old 26th May 2008, 16:09

Default more information

/var/run/saslauthd.pid does not exist because its not running (or does not run for long)
the contents of /var/run saslauthd when saslauthd is running is:

[root@ns5 run]# cd saslauthd
[root@ns5 saslauthd]# dir -al
total 20
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 May 26 10:02 .
drwxr-xr-x 22 root root 4096 May 26 10:09 ..
srwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 May 26 10:02 mux
-rw------- 1 root root 0 May 26 10:02 mux.accept
-rw------- 1 root root 6 May 26 10:02 saslauthd.pid

when I start saslauthd up, I see:
[root@ns5 rc5.d]# tail /var/log/messages
May 26 10:02:48 ns5 saslauthd[23501]: detach_tty : master pid is: 23501
May 26 10:02:48 ns5 saslauthd[23501]: ipc_init : listening on socket: /var/run/saslauthd/mux
[root@ns5 rc5.d]#
it will run for a while and then segfault out as I indicate above.

unfortunately, I'm up against a real time crunch.

but I initially tried to get SENDMAIL running and could not get SENDMAIL AUTH working at all.
then I switched to postfix and installed cyrus as in your excellent perfect server howto.
I'm running centos 5.1 on an HP opteron server, so its x64.

I got dovecot etc up and going, but as I observer above the saslauthd is segfaulting out so I cannot authorize.

could I give you root access and pay you to correct the situation? I have got a hundred other tasks etc.

also, do you all know how practical it is to attempt to recover data from an ext3 raid array?
I had 3 drives as an array and the hosting firm (dedicated server) tells me that fedora core 2 (yes, I've had it a LONG time) cant find any ext3 filesystem
I dont believe there has been mechanical failure - the array was set to notify me by email of any array status change and I checked that - so I dont believe any of the drives physically failed.
I thought ext3 was pretty fault tolerant with scattered superblocks etc... any chance of recovering it?

reason I ask is that I paid the f*ckers to maintain an internal backup and I just got access to it and they didnt bother to rsync the most critical directories

your help would be most appreciated. or maybe I just need to be a permantent subscriber

cdb.

Last edited by craig baker; 26th May 2008 at 16:11.