View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2006, 08:52

Default Virtual Users + Domains With Postfix, Courier + MySQL (+SMTP-AUTH, SpamA, ClamAV)

Hi,

I followed the Debian Sarge 3.1 howto and then the Postfix with virtual users and domains (except I didn't want quotas on mailboxes so I didn't recompile postfix in the second howto and left out the quota-related parts). I then tried to add squirrelmail. It doesn't work because I don't think the postfix install (with all these bells and whistles) works yet. Here are the errors I'm getting:

Quote:
Jan 22 21:02:43 hostname postfix/smtpd[5366]: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: sql
Jan 22 21:02:43 hostname postfix/smtpd[5366]: sql_select option missing
Jan 22 21:02:43 hostname postfix/smtpd[5366]: auxpropfunc error no mechanism
I'm glad to post whichever config files people think might be related to these errors.

Also, I'd be pleased if someone could explain in detail a text-based method of testing the mail server's functionality. (I don't have an x-server installed so full-blown email clients like Thunderbird or Evolution are out; and there's too much that could go wrong with my squirrelmail install to rely on just that to know if it's working.) Thanks.
Sponsored Links