View Single Post
Old 6th April 2008, 02:56

Default Trouble with Postfix setup not working

I am attempting to be a Windows to Ubuntu convert so please excuse my ignorance.

I have installed Postfix, Courier, etc onto UBUNTU 8.04 Beta. I used Falko's "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Ubuntu 7.10)". Everything with well until I was done. It doesn't work and I am extremely frustrated. Had to make a few minor adjustments like apt-get install libdb4.6-dev instead of 4.5 and had to do a apt-get update before that.

Here is my setup and what I am trying to do:

I have 2 FQDN that I can use: example1.com and example2.com

I do not do my own DNS but setup my domains through Dotster. I generally don't use mail.example1.com but rather just use example1 as my mail server name.

I have a static IP that I think I have setup properly on the machine itself because I do have internet access.

My machine name is: Memphis. I do not have a domain setup for my machine. In the main.cf file for postfix I use myhostname=example1.com

I then setup for example1.com and example2.com in the domain table and setup several users for each domain.

Here are some of the log entries:

pop3d: chdir example1/user/: No such file or directory (Do I need to setup a directory on my drive for every user? That is what I was trying to avoid.

postfix/smtpd[12784]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 451 4.3.0 <user@example1.com>: Temporary Lookup failure; from=<user@example1.com> to=<user@example1.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<ME>

I just don't even know where to start. Please help.
Sponsored Links