View Single Post
Old 11th January 2006, 11:22

Unhappy Install question/issue

Hi,

After several (some relatively successful, some unsuccessful) tries I'm not ready to give up on ISPConfig yet

What keeps confusing me is the question in the install process where it asks for the IP address: should I use my internal IP addy (e.g. 10.x.x.x) or the external one (e.g. 84.x.x.x)

84.x.x.x points to my router and I have NAPT doing the internal forward to 10.x.x.x

Last time I tried to set it up I entered the external one. This gave me the error message that it couldn't find the server and that the install process would stop there.

Then it gets interesting: if I do a reinstall starting from the tar command (pretty vanilla reinstall I'd think), the process starts without any errors or warnings that something might not be right. However, pretty much to the end of the install I'm getting errors/warnings:

Warning: main(config.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /tmp/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 639

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/root/ispconfig/php/lib/php') in /tmp/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 639

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /tmp/install_ispconfig/install.php on line 649
Could not connect to db
Restarting some services...
* Stopping Postfix Mail Transport Agent... [ ok ]
* Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent... [ ok ]
Restarting ProFTPD ftp daemon.proftpd.
..proftpd.
done.
./setup2: line 974: /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server: No such file or directory
Congratulations! Your ISPConfig system is now installed. If you had to install quota, please take the steps described in the installation manual. Otherwise your system is now available without reboot.

The official uninstall is not available:
root@blablabla:~/ispconfig# ls
dist.inc.php httpd openssl php

So, here are my two main questions:
- What IP address do I need to enter in the install script: the internal one or the external one?
- If the install fails/aborts, what can I do to remove all that's there and start from scratch without having to completely reinstall the server (using the excellent guide for an Ubuntu server) first?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links