View Single Post
Old 10th January 2006, 22:47
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianetilley
I installed PHPMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl3 using "Management"-> "Update Manager". It wants a Username and Password, even though I haven't set one. Is there a default Login?
You have to use a MySQL user and his password here, because you're trying to login to MySQL. For example, you can use the same MySQL user (usually root) and password you used when you installed ISPConfig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianetilley
I see where I should have selected 'expert' mode during installation to enable CGI and PHP using suExec. Is there a way I can edit this so I can use /var/www/ as the default home directory for websites?
This is going to be difficult if you have already set up some web sites...

Quote:
Should I use /var/www/web for the host directory using Dreanweaver with PHP sites...with the same Username and Password? Do sites using plain .htm or .html use the /web/ directory instead? Thanks for the info...
You have to upload all files to /var/www/web1/web, /var/www/web2/web, etc. If you chose another document root than /var/www during ISPConfig installation, e.g. /home/www, then it would be /home/www/web1/web, /home/www/web2/web, ...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: