View Single Post
Old 11th March 2008, 09:27

I'm wondering if it's possible to create virtual maps so that people inside the Exchange environment can use it to. For example I have domain.com and I want sales@domain.com to go to john@domain.com, doe@domain.com, and jane@domain.com.

I have successfully create a virtual map to map these users and external email addresses can send to sales@domain.com and get forwarded to these 3 people. However if john@domain.com sends to sales@domain.com, it gets NDR saying that sales@domain.com is not accessible.

How can I force Exchange (I'm on Exchange 2003) to send the e-mails to the postfix server under the following condition:
1. No contacts needs to be created on Exchange server pointing to alternate domain name that points to the postfix server
2. MAPI connection still used instead of SMTP
3. No distribution group needs to be created on the Exchange server making redundant entry of the virtual map

In other words is it possible to force a transport from the MAPI connection to send everything to postfix if no local user is available? if yes, how?