View Single Post
Old 9th January 2006, 21:31
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,317 Times in 4,170 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantasman
1. i installed quota as written. added lines into /etc/fstab. but if i run quotacheck -avugm i get:
quotacheck: Can't find filesystem to check or filesystem not mounted with quota option.
what would be bad if i wont use quotas? as i see, ftp quotas already works. i cant upload more than allowed. and file limit works too.
or how can i fix that?
If this already works, quota is working. Maybe you added quota in /etc/fstab to other filesystems too?

Quote:
2. how could i create email accounts, forwarders, catch-all inboxes? or maybe i should switch to mysql-based accounts? i think i'll host up to 800 pop3 mailboxes or forwarders under amd athlon 3200+ server with 2gb of ram.
i'll create/edit them very rarely so i think i can manage them trough pure command line
Email account setup is all included in ISPConfig.

1) Add a client.
2) Add a website.
3) Go on the email tab of the website and add as many email users to the site that you need.

800 email users accounts is ok for your hardware.

Quote:
and few questions related to that HOWTO:

1. which is safer: enable php safe_mod or use open_basedir and jail each user into it's virtualhost?
Check the "php safemode" checkbox in ISPConfig and ISPConfig configures this for you. If you want additional security you can consider running PHP as CGI with suExec enabled.

Quote:
2. is there any easy ways to ask for authethification to view webalizer stats and allow each user see it's statistics only?
This is also configured automatically by ISPConfig.