View Single Post
Old 7th January 2006, 18:55
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

Did you use any of the howtos provided at howtoforge to setup your server for ISPConfig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by senzapaura
Along this tortuous reinstallation road I learned a couple of things about Ispconfig. First is, if you modify/add any PHP settings in the /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file and then change the site via Ispconfig you lose those PHP settings.I do not know how to make these changes in Ispconfig, so I must edit the file directly.
Simply put you additional directives in the Apache directives field of the website.

Quote:
The second is, do not make any mistakes when creating a web site using Ispconfig. If you do make a mistake and try again Ispconfig adds one to the web site and by the time you create a “good” site it is web3 or web4. I am not sure if the implicit save is a good thing for my bad typing.
Whats the problem with that? Websites are referenced in ISPConfig by the domain, the web ID's are only for internal use in ISPConfig.

Quote:
Also, is there a problem if I use the newest version of phpMyAdmin? I noticed that the current version is several versions ahead of the one I have been using.
You can use any version you want. But make sure you configure it correctly. Have a look in the config file that ISPConfig uses for PHPMyAdmin.

Quote:
I have added the public SSL certificate and when I reboot apache2 it asks for the passphrase, when entered apache2 starts OK, so it looks like apache2 knows there is a valid SSL certificate.
I guess you dont added the certificate with ISPCOnfig, beacuse ISPConfig makes sure the the certificates dont ask for the password when you restart apache. If you setup an SSL certificate manually you have to select "n" in steps 6 and 7 of the openSSL certificate setup.

Last edited by till; 7th January 2006 at 20:39.