View Single Post
Old 6th January 2006, 01:29

Default Courier IMAP & POP without SSL work, but not with SSL.

Hi.
I have setup ISPConfig on a conputer running Suse 10 (this is my first serious go at Linux), following the perfect setup instructions, and proceeded to test. I managed to send a web hosting user mails, and I can download them using POP3 and IMAP to a mail client (Mozilla Suite). It does not work when I try to do the same using POP3S or IMAPS.

As described in the perfect setup, I am using the courier-pop-ssl and courier-imap-ssl daemons for that. Both are started, I double checked that.

"netstat -tap" shows me:
Code:
tcp        0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN                                           4757/couriertcpd
tcp        0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN                                           5095/couriertcpd
tcp        0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN                                           5180/couriertcpd
tcp        0      0 *:imap                  *:*                     LISTEN                                           4755/couriertcpd
So I assume they are really listening to the correct ports. When Mozilla tries to connect to the server, it just mills a while, and then time-outs and returns that the server was disconnected. In the mail log appear lines like:
Jan 6 00:17:11 mars imapd: Connection, ip=[::ffff:192.168.2.1]
for the attempted imaps connections, simmilar for the pop3s ones.

Has anyone an idea what could be wrong, or give me a hint on the way to the solution? Thank You.
Sponsored Links