View Single Post
Old 15th August 2005, 18:49

Send a message via ICQ to Luciano Send a message via MSN to Luciano
Exclamation Little problems setting up the ISPConfig

Hello folks from Howtoforge!
It's my first post in here and i hope i'll find a solution quickly.

Here in Rio, i work for a web solution provider, as a network administrator. One day, our IMAP mail server has stopped by a hard disk crash [doh!] , lying unacessible, but i still have access to read the /postfix/ folder.

I tried to find any possible solutions to reinstall and migrate messages and MySQL databases/configurations to another machine, but i can't set up another machine to work correctly using mail.

Then i started fetching Google, seeking some "ready-to-go" installation scripts to quickly recover the mail service from our company, until i found Falko's homepage and started to read his Howtos.

After deciding which solution would be the best fit for my purposes, i chose The Perfect Setup using Fedora Core 4. Everything worked sucessfully pretty well. So i found the ISPConfig solution, downloaded it and installed it normally. Pretty fine and clean interface.

But, after all, i can't start up my mail server... [doh!!]

Now my little problems are:

1 - I need to create the Reseller, the clients and the site. How to set-up and configure the interface correctly, in order to start receiving and sending e-mails?

2 - Is it possible to migrate (e.g.: copy) all folders and messages from my damaged hard disk to this new one directly, after creating each mailbox for my users?

3 - I have to define another specific mailbox, using a different domain name (e.g: foobar.com instead of redlight.com). What are the steps to do it?

Guys, i need these answers as soon as possible. If you want to find me quickly, feel free to add me into your Msn: Luciano_areal@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot in advance!

Luciano Pereira Areal
Linux Network Administrator
E-mail: Lpareal@e4w.com.br
Advise #1: Before writing a new post, try searching the forum first. Probably someone had the similar problem in the past and found an answer.

Advise #2: Always remember to put the remark [SOLVED] on all your posts. It helps everyone to find a solution quickly.
Sponsored Links