View Single Post
Old 6th February 2008, 23:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
I followed all the instructions perfectly, double checked them, but im getting an error in my syslog and mail is getting bounced before i even send a test for the filter:

postfix/pipe[25281]: 9F6B874D750: to=<nick@mydomain.com>, relay=maildrop, delay=20738, delays=20738/0.03/0/0.04, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown. Command output: Invalid user specified. )

The user is correct, it should be vmail as in the guide with uid/gid of 5000

I think it has something to do with the line changed in master.cf for maildrop:

maildrop unix - n n - - pipe
flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/local/maildrop/bin/maildrop -d ${user}@${nexthop} ${extension} ${recipient} ${user} ${nexthop} ${sender}

I am using the falko guide for ubuntu 7.10 and i did have to change the path names in the filter part from:
/u0/vmail/.mailfilter/user@domain.com
to:
/home/vmail/.mailfilter/nick@mydomain.com
because that is where the mail and filters are held.

I start getting those errors as soon as i add this section:
VALUES ( 'mydomain.com', 'maildrop' ); in the transport table.

Ive checked for type-o's and their dont seem to be any, which is why i think its something to do with the line in master.cf (mainly because i dont understand all the ${} stuff, it could be right, but i wouldnt know it. Do you have to change it at all for ubuntu 7.10?

I hope im not the only one that has ran into this and im crossing my fingers its a simple fix, it seems im almost there (if the filters actually work after this)

Also, you said in the how-to that you could filter mail on a per users basis instead of the entire domain. "(important to note you can do this on a purely per email basis ie, all emails but users@example.com go to the normal virtual transport and by adding in the email address and a maildrop transport)"
How is this done? instead of adding "mydomain.com, maildrop" would you add "user@mydomain.com, maildrop" instead in the transport table?

Thanks for any and all help.