HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Add Webmin to the system (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9218)

sushestvo 20th December 2006 00:58

Add Webmin to the system

I have ISPConfig installed on my fedora core 4 box. Haven't changed anything in a long time, everything works just fine. Except I get insane amount of SPAM. SpamAssassin lets it all through, gives most very little score, some even 0 - like those stock emails. I do have blacklists setup to help - i think 4-5 of them (like spamhaus), but i get about 100 emails a day of spam... ennoying))))
So since spamassassin cannot do it very well on its own - I want to help by setting up header/body checks. I know I can do it from SSH, but it's easier to have web interface to do such things.
So my question - is it ok to install Webmin on top of everything to manage SpamAssassin?

bluethunder82 20th December 2006 02:38

What setting do you have set for spamassassin?

Also, have you updated spamassassin's checks using sa-update?

Currently I'm rejecting ~2500 messages using a few custom RBLs, and about ~1500 messages using spamassassin. I'd say something could be wrong with your setup.

From when I used webmin you need to have spamassassin installed in the default location, whereas ISPConfig has it installed within the /home/ directory.

sushestvo 20th December 2006 06:28

What settings are talking about?
I don't do any updates since I thought ISPConfig suppose to update SA by itself. Am I wrong? :)
WHere can I look at some statistics of how many|what gets rejected.

As far as I remember right, u can change the path for SA within Webmin.

till 20th December 2006 10:39

Webmin and ISPConfig does not work well togehter, as webmin does not recognice the ISPConfig configuration well and you might destroy your setup when using webmin.

I recommend to install razor, pyzor ind dcc in a first step and enable it in the spamassassin configuration under /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/

sa-update is not run by ISPconfig, but you will find it in the above path too.

sushestvo 20th December 2006 21:49

Are there any other packages besides webmin that can manage spam assassin? Without interfearing with ISPConfig?

Also what is razor, pyzor anyway? :o

ANd how do I make SA update itself?

edge 20th December 2006 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by till
Webmin and ISPConfig does not work well togehter, as webmin does not recognice the ISPConfig configuration well and you might destroy your setup when using webmin.

I recommend to install razor, pyzor ind dcc in a first step and enable it in the spamassassin configuration under /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/

sa-update is not run by ISPconfig, but you will find it in the above path too.

Actualy it's in:
Code:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/bin
Running sa-update gives me an bash: sa-update: command not found error

When I run: ./sa-update in
Code:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/bin
I get this error:
Code:

Can't locate Archive/Tar.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/share/perl/5.8.4 /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl) at ./sa-update line 94.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./sa-update line 94.

till 21st December 2006 10:47

Archive/Tar.pm is a perl module. Please install this perl module from your linux distribution and try to run the command again.

edge 21st December 2006 14:33

Quote:

Archive/Tar.pm is a perl module. Please install this perl module from your linux distribution and try to run the command again.

Till,

This server is setup with the "The Perfect Setup - Debian Sarge (3.1)" howto.
Did I miss somethig with the setup, or is this "install this perl module" an extra thing that I need to do?

till 21st December 2006 14:40

ISPConfig does not use the sa-update script, so it might be that this perl dependency is not covered by the howto.

Please run:

apt-get install libarchive-tar-perl

edge 21st December 2006 15:14

Quote:

ISPConfig does not use the sa-update script, so it might be that this perl dependency is not covered by the howto.

Please run:

Okay, the
Code:

did fix the problem.

After running "./sa-update", it created a new directory;
Code:

/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/var/spamassassin/3.001007/updates_spamassassin_org/
In this directory I see all the new downloaded "rules"

Is this all I need to do, or do I need to set something in a config file to use the new rules?