HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Postfix SMTP Auth Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=918)

kisong 19th October 2005 22:03

Postfix SMTP Auth Configuration
 
Where do I set the settings for SMTP Auth for POSTFIX?

falko 19th October 2005 22:20

Which distribution do you use?

kisong 19th October 2005 22:35

Fedora Core 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by falko
Which distribution do you use?


kisong 19th October 2005 22:46

Basically, I want to be able to send SMTP requests (emails) from 70.88.225.1-6 to any domain without having to use the username/password combo (SMTP Auth).

It is because I have a LISTSERV setup that apparently doesn't allow me to use SMTP Auth

Quote:

Originally Posted by kisong
Fedora Core 4


falko 19th October 2005 22:58

Have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_fedora_core_4

You can put the IP addresses that need no authentication into the variable mynetworks in /etc/postfix/main.cf. :)

kisong 19th October 2005 23:23

What i'm trying to do is use the mynetworks setting to allow SMTP connections from my block of IP Addresses (70.88.225.1 through 70.88.225.6).

Do I have to do this in CIDR format? If so, what would be the exact CIDR I would use?


Quote:

Originally Posted by falko
Have a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_fedora_core_4

You can put the IP addresses that need no authentication into the variable mynetworks in /etc/postfix/main.cf. :)


kisong 20th October 2005 01:06

Found out what the problem was:

I needed to put in my internal IP address mynetwork settings ...

Thanks everyone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kisong
What i'm trying to do is use the mynetworks setting to allow SMTP connections from my block of IP Addresses (70.88.225.1 through 70.88.225.6).

Do I have to do this in CIDR format? If so, what would be the exact CIDR I would use?



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.