HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Hosting Provider with ISPConfig (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9112)

reinier 15th December 2006 14:50

Hosting Provider with ISPConfig

I succesfully installed ISPConfig on my server here in Uganda. Uganda is one of the last countries in the world that does not have a link to the Internet by fiber, all traffic uses a satelite.
Therefor, my server is much faster reachable inside the country than the rest of the internet is. (and vice-versa).

Some of my customers who are targetting the local market here will want to host their site here. Others might want to reach a more international audience and rather host in the UK or States. (or in a mixed configuration with the website in the UK and their mailboxes in Uganda)

As my customers will manage their own settings using ISPConfig, I am looking for a provider in the UK or States that resells webspace based on ISPConfig, so that my customers will only be confronted with 1 user interface.

But nowhere can I find a list of ISPs that are using ISPConfig. Nor is any ISP advertising with it agresively enough to convince google.

Anyone?

planet_fox 15th December 2006 19:32

yes,ISPConfig is good work from falco and timme and yes I have don't see lots of
ISP Companys who use ISP Config. Most software there use big companys is Comercial software (plesk,confix) I don't why use the companys this. I have see lots of other bigger or smaler ISP software and ISP-config I have found for half years. I have not see a site with the list of Providers who use ISP Config. you can say to falco and make a linklist. ok Hope you undertsand mi great school english :)

cryptic 15th December 2006 19:37

Neoverve (neoverve.com) offers a $299/month virtual dedicated server with ISPConfig installed on it. PM me if interested.

edge 15th December 2006 20:03

wow.. $299 p/month!
Thats a lot I think!

planet_fox 15th December 2006 20:19

is this the service or the server ?

till 15th December 2006 21:25

If there is some interest in a list of providers offering ISPConfig servers, we can make a list on ISPConfig.org.

But it only makess sense if some providers contact me by mail or PM, I dont want to start with a empty list ;)

cryptic 15th December 2006 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by edge
wow.. $299 p/month!
Thats a lot I think!

It's a fully managed server run by people who know what they're doing. The bandwidth it also included in that cost.

edge 15th December 2006 23:42

ok... I still think it's a lot..
After one year you have paid 12 x 299 = $3588
You will need to pay this every year!

Here in the Netherlands you can put a server (1U) in a datacenter for 15 euro per month (1 Mbit data transfer on a 100 Mbit pipe line and 8 IP's).

That is about $20 per month. So 12 x 20 = $240
The setup cost (only one time) is $130
For around $1000 US you can get a nice server, so total will be arround $1370. The next year you only have to pay the $240 (as the server is yours)

The people from the datacenter can (if needed) manage the server for you.

reinier 16th December 2006 11:03

Good Ideas

Off course I registered for the directory-to-be immediatly, i hope others will do the same.

For now I am looking for a reseller account for a few gigs on an already installed server somewhere in a country where the helpdesk speaks english and the support pages are in that language as well (so my staff can communicate with you)

Off course growing is a real option, there is a lot of potential here, people are really getting online.

Anyone?

falko 16th December 2006 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by edge
ok... I still think it's a lot..
After one year you have paid 12 x 299 = $3588
You will need to pay this every year!

Here in the Netherlands you can put a server (1U) in a datacenter for 15 euro per month (1 Mbit data transfer on a 100 Mbit pipe line and 8 IP's).

That is about $20 per month. So 12 x 20 = $240
The setup cost (only one time) is $130
For around $1000 US you can get a nice server, so total will be arround $1370. The next year you only have to pay the $240 (as the server is yours)

The people from the datacenter can (if needed) manage the server for you.

Hetzner has also some nice offers: http://www.hetzner.de/rootserver_en.html :)