HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ISPCONFIG and Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8708)

QuikSoft 1st December 2006 17:49

ISPCONFIG and Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL
 
Hi all,
I configured a VMware machine with Fedora 5 recording the following 2 Howto forge manuals.
1. http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_fedora_core_5
2. http://www.howtoforge.com/fedora_vir..._quota_courier

Now i want to run ispconfig on this machine.
Can i just used the default installation as shown on the homepage of ispconfig.

Ore doesnt ispconfig store the domain and users in the mysql db as in the 2the manual is configured?

The next isseu is how to setup squirrel mail for the virtual domains and users configurated in ISPconfig .

Anyone can help ???

Thanks

till 2nd December 2006 09:58

ISPConfig is not compatible with the virtual users howto, you can not run it with virtual users. Use one of the perfect setup guides for ISPConfig.

QuikSoft 4th December 2006 14:58

Thanks for the reply
 
Its a pitty that ispconfig is not working together with the how to manual.
But non the less, I have configured the home dirs and vhost.conf my self and that is working also.
This brings me to another question.
Is it possible or is there a how to manual where the VHost options ar stored and read out of a mysql database instead of the httpd.con file ore a vhost.conf file?

There was also a isseu with postfix, virtual hosts and domains how to.
When i conffigured the system and after words configure for every domain a squirrelmail web acces option.
The newly created email adressen and domains can only be accessed when there has been sent a 1 email to the adress. as long the user doenst recieve the first mail he can not login with squirrelmail. when that first email is delevired squirrelmail works fine.
How come? and what is the sulltion to this?

With kind regards,

QuikSoft.

falko 5th December 2006 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSoft
Is it possible or is there a how to manual where the VHost options ar stored and read out of a mysql database instead of the httpd.con file ore a vhost.conf file?

No, Apache always reads the configuration from files. There once was a module in the works which should allow Apache to read from a MySQL database, but I haven't heard from it again, so maybe it's dead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSoft
The newly created email adressen and domains can only be accessed when there has been sent a 1 email to the adress. as long the user doenst recieve the first mail he can not login with squirrelmail. when that first email is delevired squirrelmail works fine.

That's the normal behaviour.

QuikSoft 5th December 2006 21:34

Falko,

Thanks for the quick reply, do you remember the name of the project for reading virtual host file from mysql ? So i can google it.

For the second part thats a closed case then.
I am an Microsoft Exchange specialist, and i know the microsoft resolved the same issue by creating the welcome mssg when you first start outlook and nobody has sent you mail yet.

Thanks again.

falko 6th December 2006 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSoft
Falko,

Thanks for the quick reply, do you remember the name of the project for reading virtual host file from mysql ? So i can google it.

Unfortunately no, and I can't find anything on Google... :(


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:16.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.