HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ISPConfig installation problem. Cannot make OpenSSL (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=862)

BlueStream 15th October 2005 13:21

ISPConfig installation problem. Cannot make OpenSSL

Hey there..

I have a problem. To put it simply, the setup exits with the error, "Could not make OpenSSL"

At first i thought that maybe i had forgotten to install openssl earlier, (according to the "Perfect Fedora Core 4 Setup").

So i did a "yum install openssl" which worked fine.

After deleting the folder that i had extracted from the tarred installation file, i untarred it again, and ran "setup" again.

It exitted with the same error.

Help?

Cheers.

till 15th October 2005 14:13

There must be some errors in the output before the line "Could not make OpenSSL". Please post them here.

BlueStream 15th October 2005 15:47

Thanx mate...

It turns out i didn't have GCC installed! DOH!!! of all the things to forget...

Just did a fresh reinstall u see.. and my GUI installer's got some probs :p

Anywayz.. i'm just wondering if the absence of GCC also led to another problem earlier..

With the perl console, i couldn't "install DB_File"

prolly gonna try that later..

Cheers... Will update yer... :D

themachine 15th October 2005 16:11

yes

I would say you are correct with that assumption... GCC would be required to 'make'/compile the perl module.

And no worries my friend, I forgot GCC the first time and failed at OpenSSL as well. ;0

BlueStream 15th October 2005 16:16

thanx..

it shouldn't be a problem if i install the perl module after i finish installing ISPConfig rite?

Cuz its taking pretty long to setup and if it stops halfway now, i'd die! lol...

falko 15th October 2005 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStream
it shouldn't be a problem if i install the perl module after i finish installing ISPConfig rite?

No, no problem at all! :)

BlueStream 16th October 2005 10:03

ARRGGHH!!!! lol

The install failed halfway last nite because of some missing dependancy called Bison... Darn it...

So i did a Yum Install of Bison... Bison installed OK

And i tried to do my Perl->install DB_File which still failed...

So i tot, what the heck, i might as well forget about that altogether.

So i deleted the isntall_ispconfig folder, reextracted it.. again... and ran SETUP.

ARggh!!! It failed at installing PHP.

Something about a lex command...

So i did yum install lex

apparently, there was no such program.

so i tried yum install flex...
and reran setup... i got up right till the mySQL part.... where i entered the wrong info!! DOH!!!!!!

The installation then stopped..

Anyway i can edit the info i inputted after the fact?

falko 16th October 2005 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueStream
The installation then stopped..

Anyway i can edit the info i inputted after the fact?

No, you have to delete the install_ispconfig folder, extract it again and run the setup again.

Hm, I guess you didn't follow the "Perfect Setup" for Fedora exactly, because I've never had such problems... :D

BlueStream 16th October 2005 12:35

aw man..

haha.. maybe not "exactly" :p
I sorta followed the guide after i found it, which was after i installed Fedora with almost similar settings... heehee....

Will do a reinstall then.. there goes another 3 hours!! DOh!!! :p

I'll make sure i press everything nice and slow this time.. heehee

Thanks guys.. :D Been a great help!!! :D

BlueStream 16th October 2005 16:05

Hey bros...

Reinstalling simply by deleting the ispconfig folder and untarring it again doesn't work.. presumably because my installation(earlier one) stopped too late in the installation... pardon the redundancy... :p

Is there anyway i can actually start from scratch?

The error I get is:

All prerequisites are fulfilled.
Here we go....

Warning: main(config.inc.php) failed to open stream........
I assume u know the rest... :p

At the end of it all it says, Congratulations, Your ISPConfig system is now installed... etc....

Heehee... Or shld i just save us all the trouble and just do a reinstall of the entire system and use my newfound knowledge and experience to prevent me from making anymore mistakes.. wahaha.... :p

Cheers guys. and thanx again... :D