HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New site problem (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8037)

cybereatl 8th November 2006 18:53

New site problem

Hi folks, it's being a while that am running ISPConfig with no problems, when I installed my box, I got 2 public IP address which am using only 1, and everytime that I create a new site I've to select the proper ip and so far all works great.

A few days ago, I've created a site and I forgot to select the proper IP address and later on site wasn't displaying default site and I've found my mistake.

I went to godaddy and change to default park nameservers and later I was able to get courtesy page and I went to ISP box and create a new site and change correct ip, and change name servers ingodaddy all occur with no errors.

A few days later I went to check site and still same thing I went to dns tools and I got:

How I am searching:
Searching for domain.com A record at j.root-servers.net [192.58.128.30]: Got referral to D.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. (zone: com.) [took 218 ms]
Searching for domain.com A record at D.GTLD-SERVERS.NET. [192.31.80.30]: Got referral to ns2.myserver.info. (zone: domain.com.) [took 83 ms]
Searching for domain.com A record at ns2.myserver.info. [xxx.xx.xxx.203]: Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for domain.com A record at ns2.myserver.info. [xxx.xx.xxx.203]: Timed out. Trying again.
Searching for domain.com A record at ns1.myserver.info. [xxx.xx.xxx.204]: Reports domain.com. [took 111 ms]

domain.com. A IN 86400 xxx.xx.xxx.203
domain.com. NS IN 86400 xxx.xx.xxx.203
domain.com. NS IN 86400 xxx.xx.xxx.204

And when am doing with a site that's already runnign I got:

How I am searching:
Searching for otherdomain.net A record at d.root-servers.net [128.8.10.90]: Got referral to J.GTLD-SERVERS.net. (zone: net.) [took 9 ms]
Searching for otherdomain.net A record at J.GTLD-SERVERS.net. [192.48.79.30]: Got referral to ns1.myserver.info. (zone: otherdomain.net.) [took 229 ms]
Searching for otherdomain.net A record at ns1.myserver.info. [xxx.xx.xxx.204]: Reports otherdomain.net. [took 113 ms]

otherdomain.net. A IN 86400 xxx.xx.xxx.204
otherdomain.net. NS IN 86400 xxx.xx.xxx.204

Any idea what's going on and how to change those dns records????

Thank you in advance!!!

till 8th November 2006 19:35

Change the A-Record for ns2.myserver.info to the 204 IP.

cybereatl 10th November 2006 04:07

Hi Till,

Thank you for your reply, I've submit the ip change for ns2 so far am checking in www.dnsstuff.com but still reply to 203 IP address!!

Must to take about 2 or 3 days, let's see what happens.

Regards,

falko 11th November 2006 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybereatl
Must to take about 2 or 3 days, let's see what happens.

Yes, DNS changes can take up to 72 hours until they propagate.