HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO-Related Questions (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Problem with FTP Quotas (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7791)

FreeVPS 30th October 2006 11:16

Problem with FTP Quotas

When I have these in my pure-ftpd mysql config file:

Code:

# Optional : query to get the maximal number of files
# Pure-FTPd must have been compiled with virtual quotas support.

# MySQLGetQTAFS  SELECT QuotaFiles FROM users WHERE User="\L"

MySQLGetQTAFS  SELECT QuotaFiles FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")

# Optional : query to get the maximal disk usage (virtual quotas)
# The number should be in Megabytes.
# Pure-FTPd must have been compiled with virtual quotas support.

# MySQLGetQTASZ  SELECT QuotaSize FROM users WHERE User="\L"

MySQLGetQTASZ  SELECT QuotaSize FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")

The service won't start however if I comment them out the service runs fine. I'm storing all my details in a table called ftpd all other areas work except this, i've been trying various different ways of amending the sql query but no joy - anyone?

FreeVPS 30th October 2006 15:39

I've tried running strace on this for about an hour and cannot see why it's failing.

This is all is in my logs:

Oct 30 13:25:57 mercury pure-ftpd: (?@?) [ERROR] Configuration error: Invalid SQL configuration file: /etc/pure-ftpd/mysql.conf
Oct 30 13:26:49 mercury last message repeated 2 times
Oct 30 13:28:02 mercury pure-ftpd: (?@?) [ERROR] Configuration error: Invalid SQL configuration file: /etc/pure-ftpd/mysql.conf
Oct 30 13:31:49 mercury last message repeated 2 times

I'm using Fedora Core 5

As I say above if i remove those two lines it works ok - but if I enable them ftp falls over.

falko 31st October 2006 18:18

I think you must escape the quotation marks in the two lines:

Code:

MySQLGetQTAFS  SELECT QuotaFiles FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status=\"1\" AND (ipaccess = \"*\" OR ipaccess LIKE \"\\R\")

MySQLGetQTASZ  SELECT QuotaSize FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status=\"1\" AND (ipaccess = \"*\" OR ipaccess LIKE \"\\R\")

FreeVPS 1st November 2006 13:11

Same problem :(

Code:

Nov  1 11:10:17 mercury pure-ftpd: (?@?) [ERROR] Configuration error: Invalid SQL configuration file: /etc/pure-ftpd/mysql.conf

falko 2nd November 2006 15:27

What's in /etc/pure-ftpd/mysql.conf now?

perldork 1st January 2007 06:50

Hi,

You have to pass

Code:

--with-quotas
to configure to enable the MySQLGetQTASZ and MySQLGetQTAFS configuration directives. Not well documented, I had to search through the source to find the

Code:

#ifdef QUOTAS
section that showed the code and then the configure script itself to find which configure switch caused QUOTAS to be defined for compilation.