HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   Installation/Configuration (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   unsuccessful site creation, site not listed, will not delete (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7641)

ronee 23rd October 2006 12:34

unsuccessful site creation, site not listed, will not delete
 
Hopefully someone can offer a suggestion. I am running ISPConfig version 2.2.7 under Fedora Core 5, all has been well until I attempted to add a site with the following options:

create dns, create dns-mx, trafffic exceedance notify, shell access, cgi, std cgi, php, ssi, ftp, mysql & 30 mysql databases & mailuser login.

I got an error on creation stating I did not have permission to create the site.

The site does not appear on the list in the ISP Manager of the admin account and yet I cannot re-create it, I get an error stating that the site with the stated domain already exists.

I imagine that the site was partially created and must now be manually deleted from the various ispconfig databases.

Any ideas/advice on fixing would be greatly appreciated.

till 24th October 2006 10:00

Please use the search function in ISPConfig to find the site.

ronee 24th October 2006 18:49

Thanks for the suggestion, I did search for the site in various ways including using the domain, hostname and leaving all criteria default (blank) which generated a list of configured sites but the site in question was not found by any of them.

Any further recommendations on removing this site so it can be recreated would be appreciated.

falko 24th October 2006 20:23

Is the site maybe in one of the recycle bins? Then you must remove it from the recycle bin before you can create it again.

ronee 24th October 2006 20:34

The site is definitely not in any recycle bin, I checked that before posting.

Thanks

EricD 25th October 2006 04:30

Same issue
 
I am having the exact same issue. The first site I tried to create (let's call it www.site1.com) after installing resulted in the same error listed by Ronee. Upon looking in my folders, there was no site actually created, and searching turns up no results.

I have been able to create new sites since then that work correctly. However, I'm guessing there are orphan records now in the MySQL database. When I go to create www.site1.com again, it says that domain is already in use:

The name www.site1.com is already in use by another site or domain.

I have searched and emptied all the Recycle Bins - it's not there.

Suggestions on what to try next? I'm on SuSE 10.1 w/ISP Config v2.2.7. Thanks in advance!

ronee 25th October 2006 05:38

Yes well the record in the isp_isp_web table but I hesitate to delete the record without knowing how the database is structured and the other ramifications, etc.

Suggestions, anyone?

till 25th October 2006 11:13

Ronee: If the record is listed in the isp_isp_web table, you will be able to get it with the search funczion. What is in the web_domain and the web_host field.

EricD: Please login as admin and check all recycle bins and all folders in the isp_manager view.

ronee 25th October 2006 18:14

till, thanks but believe me I have made certain that this domain is not listed anywhere in any folder or recycle bin before posting. Using the search function with no search terms simply generates a list and it is NOT in the list. It is in isp_isp_web table. I need to get this domain set up, I suppose I will manually delete it out of the database unless there is another option.

EricD 26th October 2006 02:46

Hi Ronee: Did this happen on your first site to be created, or on a 2nd, 3rd, etc. site? The issue for me only occurred on the first one I tried.

Hi Till: Thanks for your help. Yes, like Ronee I checked every recycle bin, and performed searches throughout the admin tool. Nothing there. In my case, the data in web_host is "www" and in web_domain is the domain I'm trying to add. Interestingly, this one record also has a value of "n" in the status field, where the others (live sites that are working) appear to have a null value.

I performed a test by altering the the web_domain value by one letter (i.e., "site1.com" to "site0.com" to see if I could then create a new site using the domain I'm trying to work with, and it worked! My thought was this would be a less destructive way to see if that's the issue than actually deleting the record and breaking any relationships that might exist.

So far...so good...although that I'm sure this is not the ideal solution.

-Eric


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.