HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO-Related Questions (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   OT: Problems sending emails to gmail. I used postfix debian install (based falko) (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7376)

tuflipes 10th October 2006 19:32

OT: Problems sending emails to gmail. I used postfix debian install (based falko)

HI there,

Since we installed (or maybe gmail activated spam control) we have problems to send emails to gmail.com :(

Its a real problem or us because some customers use gmail accounts. I have setup SPF records, ptr, and so. so don't know what could be wrong :(. Of course, i'm sure we don't send spam!. the only difference between our installation server and falko howto, we added maia mailguard to server.

I post you the message when we send email to gmail (of course we tried to contact gmail, and it's imposible, they ghave an autoresponse support and that's all, we dont get reply from human):

Asunto: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the Postfix program at host mailsrv0098.ourmaindomain.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to <postmaster>

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The Postfix program

<user@gmail.com>: host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[72.14.215.114]
said:
550-5.7.1 Our system has detected an unusual amount of unsolicited
550-5.7.1 mail originating from your IP address. To protect our
550-5.7.1
users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been 550-5.7.1
rejected. Please visit 550-5.7.1
http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html to review 550 5.7.1 our Bulk
Email Senders Guidelines. y18si783770hua (in reply to end of DATA
command)

What could be wrong please? i searched in google for info, and many people have same problem :(

By the way our ip is no in blacklist, i checked it in dnstuff.

thanks for help

sjau 11th October 2006 08:16

no, from your IP there have been sent quite a number or spam to gmail... it seems people did complain and so you landed on the gmail blacklist....
Maybe you have an open relay server and someone is abusing it?

falko 11th October 2006 13:17

If you host your server on a dynamic IP address or DSL line, it is blacklisted almost automatically, no matter if you send spam or not.

If you have a static IP address, you should check your mail log if there''s much more email traffic than you expected, and you should also check your mailqueue with
Code:

postqueue -p
to see if there are lots of emails in it (which might be a sign that your server is abused by spammers).

Also, what's the output of
Code:

postconf -d | grep mynetworks
postconf -n | grep mynetworks

?

tuflipes 11th October 2006 20:27

sjau,as i asaid no blacklist, our users dont send spam :(

Falko, static IP , we have a range of IP's

It's a closed mail server with sasl auth.

# postqueue -p
Mail queue is empty

mailsrv0098:~# postconf -d | grep mynetworks
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 192.168.1.0/24 [::1]/128 [fe80::214:5eff:fe87:5489]/64
mynetworks_style = subnet
parent_domain_matches_subdomains = debug_peer_list,fast_flush_domains,mynetworks,perm it_mx_backup_networks,qmqpd_authorized_clients,rel ay_domains,smtpd_access_maps
proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks
smtpd_client_connection_limit_exceptions = $mynetworks
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination
mailsrv0098:~# postconf -n | grep mynetworks
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 mailsrv0098.tecnoretail.com 212.170.0.40/32 80.25.82.230/32 213.171.236.34/32 213.97.104.216/32
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
mailsrv0098:~#

thanks for help dude.

falko 12th October 2006 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuflipes
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 mailsrv0098.tecnoretail.com 212.170.0.40/32 80.25.82.230/32 213.171.236.34/32 213.97.104.216/32

Are you sure none of these systems is abusing your server for spam?
Did you check the known blacklists such as SORBS?

tuflipes 12th October 2006 17:53

re Flako, thanks for help

No one is of servers are doind spam. I added them because they are static ip adsl of customer and the server is only for this customer, server only has 2 domain, tecnoretail for testing pourposes and the customer domain , so i'm really sure no spam and i checked server logs and no spaming :(

any ideas? some one said me i have to check HELO, PTR , DNS and so, but i checked and i don't see nothing strange :(

I checked sorbs and many others and no blacklisted:

[213.171.236.38] was not found in the SORBS database.

thanks

falko 12th October 2006 18:28

Did you visit this page? http://www.google.com/mail/help/bulk_mail.html
Maybe one of your customers sent as newsletter which was reported as spam to Google... Anyway, I'd try to contact Google and find out what caused the problem.

tuflipes 12th October 2006 19:51

Re,

I tried contact google 5 times, its imposible :( they have an auto response and then they say each time i should to send emailes, and i sent 10 different examples and it' imposible,no answer from them. i have been contacting them during 1 month so it's imposible :(

I asked my customer if he sent a newsletter or something like that, and he said me no, i checked logs and no mailing list, no newsletter nothing masive :(

I checked the web page bulk in gmail, so i created spf records they recomend but same problem.

:(

falko 13th October 2006 16:21

I've just checked your IP address here: http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
and it really seems to be ok. :confused:

tuflipes 13th October 2006 18:28

Yes, im no backlisted. well, thanks for help, i will have to redirect all .gmail.com to external smtp server to allow send emails to gmail :(

And... if some gmail admin is reading this psot, please, check your config because lot of people have same problem like me. :)

thanks for help.