HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials

HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO-Related Questions (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Postfix Spam Filter using Ubuntu Dapper, MailScanner, SpamAssassin, Razor, Pyzor, DCC (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7187)

juro 1st October 2006 19:00

Postfix Spam Filter using Ubuntu Dapper, MailScanner, SpamAssassin, Razor, Pyzor, DCC

Hi, I have been following the above mentioned howto (link) and - although I did not need a few things - have the the setup running now.
The only problem is that I cannot get MailScanner to deliver spam-Emails to local accounts. They are simply not passed on. I can - however - have them quarantined.
I want to deliver the emails to local accounts, as I want to filter them out by using courier-maildrop (I do not want to delete message, but store them in the user specific spam-folder) and have users access the emails via Courier-Imap.

Any ides how I can get this running? What information would you nees to help me.

juro

falko 2nd October 2006 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by juro
The only problem is that I cannot get MailScanner to deliver spam-Emails to local accounts. They are simply not passed on.

What's in your mail log when this happens?

juro 2nd October 2006 14:42

Never mind ... hat a stupid typo in the MailScanner.conf :rolleyes:

gundestrup 3rd January 2007 16:48

Dear Sir

I have setup my server
Mailscanner and spamassasin works, since spam messenges get the
[spam?] header.

But I am unable to get the program to put mail messenges with the [spam?] in my junk folder, they all end up in my inbox.

I have followed your tourturial, and I cannon get the program to do what it's told :-)

I have even tryed to use, maildroprc.

root@Locutus:/etc# cat /etc/maildroprc
# Global maildrop filter file

# Uncomment this line to make maildrop default to ~/Maildir for
# delivery- this is where courier-imap (amongst others) will look.
DEFAULT="$HOME/Maildir"
if (/^X-Spam-Flag: *YES/)
{
exception {
to "$HOME/$DEFAULT/.Junk/"
}
}
else
{
exception {
to "$HOME/$DEFAULT"
}
}root@Locutus:/etc#

Any suggestions would be helpfull

Regards
svend gundestrup

aramyegenian 25th February 2007 17:15

Here's what I have in my /etc/maildroprc , it might be useful for you. watch the logfile for errors. fyi, it doesn't check if a Junk folder exists, because i have another script that creates the Junk folder each time a new mailbox is created. and spamassassin uses the "s" letter to designate the spam score.

logfile "/var/log/maildroprc.log"
JUNK=$DEFAULT/.Junk
log "Maildir home: $HOME"
log "Username: $LOGNAME"
log "Mailbox: $DEFAULT"
log "Junk folder: $JUNK"
# if more than 5 s letters dump it in the junk folder
if (/.*SpamScore: sssss*/)
{
log "**JUNK**"
to "$JUNK"
}
else
{
to "$DEFAULT"
}

blackheckler 20th March 2007 21:05

just a quick question...
I'm using this setup as a spamfilter before my Exchange Server.
How do I set MailScanner/Spamassassin to forward quarantined spam to a specific Exchange user, i.e. spamquarantine@work.com.
I've looked through the config files for MailScanner and Spamassassin, but I don't see anything that looks like it would handle this.

blackheckler 20th March 2007 22:45

thanks for looking at this, but i found the setting in the MailScanner config under the "What to do with Spam" heading... duh!

slapper 21st March 2007 22:00

1 Attachment(s)
hi again!:D :D

i follow this tutorial
http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_po...er_ubuntu_edgy

Everything work perfect but when the email client program(outlook or Thunderbird) try to log on in the mail server it couldn't.I create 2-3 account and i tried all the couriers (imam,pop3,pop3s) but the same problem appears.

As i far i can understand seems that the problem coming from Saslauthd.
In the configuration files when i see mail_admin_password i reaplesed it with
the passwd for mail_admin user of mysql,i think this is correct:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

any ideas??

Thanks in advance

slapper 22nd March 2007 15:28

finally it works!!!!! :) :)

Its a little be tricky if you have to do with dynamic dns like dyndns.org
Another think is that i finally used pop3s for my courier but the Thunderbird has the same problem ,it cannot log in:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
With outlook 2003 everything works perfect!!!!

falko 22nd March 2007 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapper
Another think is that i finally used pop3s for my courier but the Thunderbird has the same problem ,it cannot log in:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Any errors in mail.log and auth.log?